Church IT & other technology. Lessons from a one man IT show.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

IE 7 beta woes

I've been using the Internet Explorer 7 beta 2 release for 10 minutes now. Unfortunately 5 of those minutes have been spent watching a frozen screen. Everytime I try to access my Google Reader page, it freezes up and refuses to cooperate. Every other site has appeared okay.

Ok I take that back - I cannot upload a picture to this blog. Let's see - problems in Google Reader and Blogger. Could it be that Microsoft has something against Google? No, impossible.

I certainly like the tabbed browsing and RSS feeds. Of course I've liked those features in Firefox for a while now. The condensed top bar is better - it takes up less real estate. I cannot figure out how to move the address and search bars around though. Can I change their location?

I'm on my over to the IE 7 newsgroups and feedback area to see what I can find.

UPDATE: Turns out I'm not the only one with these issues. I'm going to be patient and stick with the IE7 release, although I was tempted to go back to 6. Firefox can step in for when IE7 is broken right now. Makes me wonder why I don't default to Firefox anyway. Oh yeah, our CMS is IE only. Kinda sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home